The 14th Annual Mountain West Golf Tournament Fundraiser will be held on August 6, 2021. Our 2021 charities are Laramie Developmental Preschool and the Laramie Reproductive Health Clinic.
Tournament Format: Scramble (4-person teams)
Each player in the foursome hits off the tee. The team members choose the best of the four shots for the next shot. All team members then play the second shot from that spot, and again choose the best shot. Play continues in this manner until the hole is completed. Balls are placed within one club length of the best shot, no closer to the hole. If the ball is in the rough or in a hazard, all others’ shots must be played from the rough or hazard. The team score on each hole is the number of the “best shots” taken to get the ball in the hole.
|7:00 – 8:00 am||Check-In|
|8:00 am||Tournament Begins|
|12:30 – 1:30 pm||Lunch Provided|
|1:30 pm||Tournament Awards|
2 Game Tickets for Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs
$20/raffle ticket or 3 for $50
*Yardstick cannot be used for contests*
Longest Drive, #14- Men / #9-Women: Your drive must be in the fairway to count. If you beat the existing longest drive, put your name on the marker in the fairway and move it to your ball location.
Closest to the Pin, #13-Men / #7-Women: Your “tee” shot must be on the green to count. If you beat the existing closest to the pin, put your name on the marker and move it to your ball location.
Longest Putt, #3-Men / #17-Women: If you beat the existing longest putt, put your name on the marker and move it to your ball location.
Included With Tournament Fee…
- Hole-In-One: Each par 3 has a hole-in-one prize. Grand prize of $10,000 on hole #15! Other prizes include Callaway X series Irons, 50″ 4K Smart TV, and a $500 gift card.
Holes: #4, #7, #13, #15
- Pay the Pro: Pro will hit your drive over the water (team pictures at this hole)
- Splish Splash or Cash: Chip a ball in a pool around 80 yards away. If you make it, you win $100! First shot is free and additional shots can be purchased (1 for $5 or 3 for $10)
Other Games Available…
- $10/player | Closest to the Hoop – Each golfer gets a shot at a hoop 100 yards away. Closest to the center wins the prize (to be determined).
- $10/team | Forward Tee – Take your drive from the next tee box up (men from the women’s, women
from the JR tee box)
- $20/player | Poker Run – Draw your first card at the start and your next 4 throughout the course. Player with the best hand wins $200. An additional card can be purchased for $5 when you turn your card in at the end of the game. First card received at the clubhouse, remaining cards at holes #6, #12, #15, #17
**Drink cart located between Hole #4 & #14**
Your team must complete and turn in a hard copy of your score card!
In addition, we will also be using Golf Genius for scoring. One team member will need to download the Golf Genius App and log the score for your team. Jacoby Golf Course will provide you the GGID. You do not need to create an account!
A one-time handicap that’s based upon a player’s score for the event when formal and established handicaps are simply unavailable.
Here’s how it works: Unknown to the teams before their round, six holes are chosen somewhat at random. Usually a par-3, a par-4 and a par-5 from our front nine, and a 2 par-4s and a par-3 from our back nine.
- The team’s actual score is subtracted from par on each of those holes.
- The differences are added together and multiplied by 2. Total equals handicap.
- Your handicap is subtracted from your gross score to compute your NET SCORE.
- Tie Breaker: Lowest score on random, pre-determined hole(s) will be declared the winner.